[Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1.1] bugfix/7807-remove-duplic…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1.1] bugfix/7807-remove-duplicate-openjdk-jre
Hi,

as explained on #7807, we ship two different versions of the OpenJDK
JRE. To the best of my knowledge, only v6 is used, and only by I2P.
bugfix/7807-remove-duplicate-openjdk-jre removes v7. I2P still works
for me with this branch merged (into experimental). This makes the ISO
4% smaller (SquashFS compressed with gzip).

I'd like to see this merged into stable (for 1.1.1) and devel, but
I won't be too sad if the RM decides that it's not suitable for
a point-release, and should only be merged into devel.

Still, I bet a full run of the test suite would help validate my
assumption that nothing uses the v7 JRE.