[Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2] bugfix/7173-upgrade-syslinu…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2] bugfix/7173-upgrade-syslinux
hi,

the results of the call for testing of a newer syslinux show some
improvements, and no regression. Also, this branch has been merged
into experimental for a while, and I've not seen it break any of the
test suite runs I've performed. I think we should take it for 1.2
=> please review'n'merge into devel.

Note that this upgrade blocks various other things, such as testing
UEFI boot as part of our test suite, that I'll complete once this is
merged, so it would be appreciated if this was reviewed shortly.

Also, supposedly the new syslinux fixes things with some versions of
VirtualBox, but I did not get any test report about it (except
a report that it works with 4.3.14-dfsg-1, regardless of the syslinux
version).

cheers,