Re: [Tails-dev] Contributing to Tails's website

Author: Patrick ZAJDA
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Contributing to Tails's website
Hi,

Le 18/08/2014 22:06, u a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want to contribute to the Tails website code.
> Great! Welcome on board.

Thank you.
>> I read everything about contributing to Tails I found on tails website
>> contributors pages.
>> But I didn't find a lot of things about contributing to the website
>> (design or code).
> At the moment we are in the process of thinking what exactly we will do
> to restructure and redesign our website. There have been some
> discussions at the Tails HackFest. We did not agree on anything in
> particular yet though.
>
> We have created a blueprint [0] about the website structure. Different
> people made different drafts about how we could reorganize the website.
>
> The discussion about these issues should take place on the tails-ux
> mailinglist [1]. I say "should" because in practice we have had little
> time recently to discuss more on the proposals. But we are keen to get
> more input on these ideas.
>
> Furthermore you can find tickets related to the website on our
> bugtracker [2][3]. Tickets which do not yet have an assignee can be
> taken by you, if interested.
>
> Please tell us what kind of work you would be interested in in
> particular (design, code, documentation, reorganizing, something else?)
> Are you familiar with ikiwiki, CSS, markdown, anything else or do you
> need guidance? Please don't hesitate to ask.
>
> Sajolida is the one here who knows the website best and who can give you
> more information, or tasks.

OK, in fact for the moment I'd like to begin with some accessibility
related tickets : #7508 and #7506
If all is OK after that I'll think about harder tasks :)
I have a little experience with markdown, I prefer avoiding CSS because
I'm blind so difficult to check my work before submitting but HTML is
not really a problem.
>> What branch should my work be based on?
> We tend to create a new branch based on master for every modification.

OK, thanks.
> You will also need to be able to build the wiki locally in order to
> verify your modifications before asking for review. [4]
>
>> Thanks,
> If you are available on september 3rd, please do not hesitate to
> participate in the contributor meeting on IRC too. This might be easier
> to sort some things out.

OK, I'll try to be here.