[Tails-dev] Backporting OnionCat and/or Linphone [Was: Why O…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Backporting OnionCat and/or Linphone [Was: Why OnionCat + Mumble - why not just Mumble?]
intrigeri wrote (16 Aug 2014 14:27:07 GMT) :
> bancfc@??? wrote (16 Aug 2014 14:00:49 GMT) :
>> You are right. Please make a backport and I will work on instructions
>> for authentication.

> I'm a bit lost. Maybe you didn't reply in the sub-thread you wanted
> to. Do you want a backport of OnionCat, or a Linphone one? Both have
> improvements in the authentication area in Jessie.

I had a quick try. Backporting Linphone seems doable. It requires
backporting libosip2 and libexosip2, but as a result I got a package
that I could install on Wheezy + backports. Not tested, though, and
it's unlikely I have time to do this properly by the end of the month.

Backporting OnionCat should be trivial. I'll do it once 0.2.2+svn559-2
has migrated to testing, if bancfc clarifies that it would be useful.