Re: [Tails-dev] [review again plz] #7156 Create a donation f…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review again plz] #7156 Create a donation form to receive fiat currencies
u wrote:
>> I didn't find any reference to this on the Zwiebelfreunde page. And I
>> bet that different countries have different policies regarding how
>> donation are tax-deductible. For example, the Belgian instructions don't
>> mention this, and rather as for a receipt every time:
>>
>> http://finances.belgium.be/fr/particuliers/avantages_fiscaux/dons/
>>
>> So I removed that info for the time being. Feel free to provide more
>> references.
>
> This is an information which had been sent to me by email by
> Zwiebelfreunde themselves. I can confirm this information for two other
> european countries.
>
> The idea for mentioning this specifically was to spare Zwiebelfreunde a
> lot of paperwork (something which you can probably relate to ;))) )
>
> That is why i think we should not simply be deleted. So please mention
> it, rephrasing something like this: "depending on the country you live
> in and the donated amount, a specific receipt can be requested but might
> not be necessary."

Ok, very good idea. Can you have a look at commit 65e70b6, then?

>> I'm fine with the branch as it is now, but please review the last stuff
>> before I merge it.
>
> I'll just add my comments here, instead of providing a patch:
>
> * "Please, use euro as currency as this makes accounting easier.
> => This should be "Euro" not "euro".

In doubt I usually follow the capitalization from Wikipedia, and it
doesn't capitalize currencies:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar

Still, I understand the interest of mapping the field of the dropdown
box for clarity, so I did commit 71da1bb.

> * "Do a one-time donation" => It should be "Make a one-time donation".
> Please feel free to check this with a native speaker.

Thanks!

> * Did you test this:
> http://git.tails.boum.org/tails/commit/?h=web/donation&id=31e78a9df4f4ec34101d47313f6759f4f2b2672a
> ?
> I copied the decimals from the Torservers donation form as is.

Note that those decimals were in the caption of the input tag, but not
anywhere in the attributes. I left the value="500" unchanged. So I don't
think that anything will break.

Can you review it again :)

--
sajolida