Re: [Tails-dev] Why OnionCat + Mumble - why not just Mumble…

Author: bancfc
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Why OnionCat + Mumble - why not just Mumble?
I'm currently working on getting UDP based chat clients like Linphone
working over Onioncat using Whonix.

At the moment I simulated a two part chat each running their hidden
service and instance of Onioncat but they are not seeing eachother when
configured to use IPv6 to do direct IP chat.

Since you will be using UDP settings anyway, then IMHO concentrating on
serverless options are probably the better way forward as it lessens the
burden on users. I tried Jitsi and its IPv6 support seems broken as it
doesn't recognize such addresses for contacts. Its also more resource
heavy than Linphone.

1. Can you please tell me if there is any additional configuration that
you did to your firewall to make Onioncat work?

2. From looking at this:
https://www.cypherpunk.at/onioncat_trac/wiki/Security I got the
impression that anyone running Onioncat can connect to anyone else that
has it too. I don't know if the version currently available in Debian
stable has the authentication features in r555. What firewall
precautions are needed to cope with this situation if necessary?