[Tails-dev] Slower boot on experimental branch [Was: [Tails-…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: tails-dev
Anciens-sujets: Re: [Tails-testers] [Tails-dev] Please test Tails ISO with updated syslinux
Sujet: [Tails-dev] Slower boot on experimental branch [Was: [Tails-testers] Please test Tails ISO with updated syslinux]
Hi,

[moving to tails-dev@ this part of the discussion.]

sajolida@??? wrote (09 Aug 2014 11:07:28 GMT) :
> But I noticed that the boot is much slower that with Tails 1.1. Using
> the same USB stick and manual installation here is the time it takes for
> the X61 to reach the desktop:

>   - Tails 1.1    42 seconds
>   - Tails 1.2    106 seconds

> So that's more that double the previous time! I could observe a slower
> boot for Tails 1.2 in VirtualBox but maybe not as slow.

Ooops. May you please retry with an ISO build from the devel branch?

I suspect feature/7705-smaller-squashfs (merged into experimental, but
not into devel yet) might make the SquashFS decompression heavier
CPU-wise (even if it's lighter IO-wise), which might be a problem with
older machines such as the X61.