[Tails-dev] Reasons to use our own assert() instead of Test:…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: anonym
CC: tails-dev
Temas novos: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2] test/7804-test-unit-assertions [Was: Reasons to use our own assert() instead of Test::Unit::Assertions' one?]
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Reasons to use our own assert() instead of Test::Unit::Assertions' one?
Hi anonym,

while writing new tests recently, I was surprised we only have the
plain old assert() available, and no trace of assert_equal or similar.

Is a reason why we use our own assert() function, instead of using
a library such as Test::Unit::Assertions?

If there's actually no good reason to do so, then I'm happy to pick an
adequate library and convert our test suite to it.