Re: [Tails-dev] Why OnionCat + Mumble - why not just Mumble?

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Patrick Schleizer
To: tails-dev
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] Why OnionCat + Mumble - why not just Mumble?
intrigeri:
> Patrick Schleizer wrote (05 Aug 2014 02:04:30 GMT) :
>> Mumble has a TCP mode. Why involve QnionCat?
>
> Without involving Tor Hidden Services,

Well, with OnionCat you must involve Tor Hidden Services as well?

> how do you initiate
> a peer-to-peer conversation between two Tails users using Mumble?
>
> In other words: which Mumble server do you use, and how much do you
> need to trust it?

I would assume, that documentation would say, that one of the two Tails
user must bite the bullet and set up a Tor Hidden Service Murmur server.

Maybe I am missing something here. Would OnionCat improve usability and
ease the process?

One must run Murmur so or so? Or does Mumble have a mode for serverless
peer-to-peer connections?

Cheers,
Patrick