Re: [Tails-dev] patch submission feature #7512

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
CC: emma peel
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] patch submission feature #7512
Hi,

> 1. explain in the commit message why no-auto-key-locate is removed;
>    is this GnuPG's default behavior?
> 2. update "3.6.16 GnuPG" in the design doc
> 3. run the automated test suite on an ISO built with these changes in
> 4. test incremental upgrades with these changes in

Oh, I forgot: it would be wonderful if addressing #7416 ("Have GnuPG
use the Tor SOCKS port directly") could be sneaked in as step 0.
It's a two-lines change, and I'd love it if I could do steps 3 and
4 only once for #7512 and #7416. Would save me quite some time and
watt*hour's.

Other advantages:

a) This would make our config even closer to the best practices' one.
b) Hence, it would avoid the need to document this part of our
remaining delta in the design doc.
c) It would kill a ticket that we have on our 3.0 roadmap.
d) We would be one step closer to being able to remove Polipo.