[tails-news] Tails HackFest 2014, retrospect

Author: Tails - News
To: amnesia-news
Subject: [tails-news] Tails HackFest 2014, retrospect
The first Tails [HackFest](https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/HackFest_2014_Paris/), which took place on July 5-6 in Paris, was a great event: about 120 people attended on Saturday, 70 people on Sunday. We shared some good workshops, some very good food, and homemade beer in a nice and friendly atmosphere.

The slides of some talks have been [published](https://tails.boum.org/promote/slides/), but there is more to come.

The first Tails stickers were distributed and you can also make your own! Just use [this SVG file](https://tails.boum.org/promote/tails-sticker.svg).

We are particularly happy that the HackFest attracted very different people, so we were a quite diverse assembly. Probably thanks to our [anti-harassment policy](https://tails.boum.org/news/../blueprint/HackFest_2014_Paris/policy/) (thanks Genma for the frensh translation)...

Some people talked about the HackFest: [jvoisin](http://dustri.org/b/tails-hackfest.html), and... more? (please send links!)

Thanks to:

* [IRILL](https://www.irill.org/) for the use of the place
* [The Tor Project](https://www.torproject.org/), [Mozilla Foundation](https://www.mozilla.org/) and [Debian](https://www.debian.org/) for the sponsorship
* Stefano Zacchiroli and Sylvestre Ledru for the organization help
* and of course, all our fabulous attendees that made the event so interesting and nice!

# New mailing lists

* [tails-press@???](mailto:tails-press@boum.org): the new contact for journalists and people wanting to promote Tails. Just write to [tails-press@???](mailto:tails-press@boum.org). You can encrypt your email.