Re: [Tails-dev] IPv6

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] IPv6
Hi,

Kill Your TV wrote (01 Aug 2014 00:31:44 GMT) :
> Would it make sense to have IPv6 disabled by default in the kernel, such
> as with `ipv6.disabled=1` at the syslinux prompt? Or disabling it with
> sysctl?

The only downside I can see is that it makes it more complicated to
work on onioncat-based solutions and support of IPv6 Tor bridges (and
then, a tiny bit less likely that it happens). Granted, that's a weak
reason not to do it. Do we have strong reasons to do it?

> If nothing else it might fix those problems seen with mac address
> spoofing like one can see with VirtualBox and bridged adapters (not
> tested), such as

Is this related, really? I'm curious to see test results :)