[RSF] FW: Beijing+20 Focus this Month: The Girl Child

Author: pilar castel
To: forumroma@inventati.org, donneinnero@listas.nodo50.org, bp
Subject: [RSF] FW: Beijing+20 Focus this Month: The Girl Child

Subject: Beijing+20 Focus this Month: The Girl Child
From: jaya.jiwatram@???
To: pilarcastel@???
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 16:51:40 +0000

        Beijing+20 Focus this Month: The Girl Child

                            UN Women updates on the Beijing+20 campaign.

                            Website: English | Español | Français

Beijing+20 Focus this Month

The Girl Child

                            Dear friends,

As part of UN Women's ‬Beijing+20 campaign, this month's focus is on the Girl Child. Below is a preview of our latest line-up. As always, the content is available in Spanish and French.

Share our message! Check out our #Beijing20 social media package and help us spread the word on our latest content, which includes great visuals: http://ow.ly/x1YFk

P.S. If you like what you see, forward this along, and encourage others to subscribe to updates here »

                                        In the words of...

                            Nnenna Agba — For Nigerian girls, education is the key that opens doors to progress

Raised in Nigeria, Nnenna Agba gained popularity when she went on the widely watched television show America's Next Top Model. With hard-won scholarships, she graduated from Texas A&M University with a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry; she also holds a Master's of Science degree in Urban Affairs. Nnenna is supporting the education of her four sisters in Nigeria, and is the face of Kechie's Project, a NGO that provides scholarships to girls from Nigerian schools.

Read her message »

                                See our full line-up »

                                        Infographic

            Infographic courtesy of UNICEF, Every Woman Every Child and UN Global Education First Initiative.

                                        Editor's Picks

                            Below are a handful of recommended stories that showcase important issues and how the UN system works in a number of ways to improve the lives of girls.

    Op-ed: For a better world for all, UNFPA, UN Women
    China's 'left-behind girls' learn self-protection, UN Women
    Amid an uncertain future, Syrian children attend a newly opened school in Iraq's Baherka refugee camp, UNICEF
    "I will keep very strong": An Ethiopian girl fights to delay marriage, UNFPA
    In Rio de Janeiro's favelas, a new online tool tackles violence against women and girls, UN Women
    Battling commercial sexual exploitation of children in Madagascar, ILO
    Malala Yousafzai addresses UN Youth Assembly, UN

                                See our full line-up »

                                        Champions

                            Our champions are women and men who have made gender equality and women's empowerment their cause ad mission in life. Hear from them on why they have made women's rights their top priority and what you can do to join them! Our newcomers this month:

                            Aung San Suu Kyi - Advocate for the rights of women and girls

‪One of the world's most renowned human rights activists, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi has dedicated much of her life to bringing democracy, dignity and human rights to Myanmar's citizens. ‬ Watch video »

                            Feđa Mehmedović – Teaching young men that showing respect goes hand in hand with being 'cool'

‪Feđa Mehmedović is a national trainer, peer educator and the winner of a competition promoting gender equality in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Stories of Real Men. He is a #HeForShe advocate. Read more » ‬

                                See our full line-up »

                                        Women of Achievement

                            ‪This series of portraits spotlights women and girls who have made it in their respective fields — often in uncharted territories — by overcoming barriers and beating the odds to reach their goals. Our featured picks and newcomers this month:

                                See our full line-up »

                                        Partners

                            A broad range of media organizations are supporting UN Women's Beijing+20 efforts though a Media Compact, designed specifically for the campaign. Our media partners are scaling up reporting and analysis on women's rights and gender equality issues through sustained international, regional and national coverage during the campaign period (May 2014—September 2015). Read more »

                                        New Videos

                            A Night at the Apollo: UN Women Celebrates Beijing+20 Campaign Launch

At the historic Apollo Theatre in New York, UN Women launched a year-long campaign on 26 June to spark global dialogue and actions on women's rights and gender equality. The Empowering Women, Empowering Humanity: Picture it! campaign commemorates the 20th anniversary of the Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing which set a path-breaking agenda on women's rights in 1995. ‬Watch video »

                                        Activist's corner

                                SHOW ME EVERYTHING!

                            Lea estos contenidos en español »

Lisez ces contenus en français »

                                                                                    Facebook

                                                                                    Twitter

                                                                                    Google Plus

                                                                                    Website

                                        This email was sent to pilarcastel@???

                                        why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

                                        Say NO – UNiTE to End Violence against Women · 304 East 45th Street · NY, NY 10017 · USA