Re: [Tails-dev] HTML5 + Canvas/font user tracing

Author: intrigeri
To: Liste, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] HTML5 + Canvas/font user tracing
Hi,

Liste wrote (27 Jul 2014 11:27:36 GMT) :
> There is a function in HTML to biuld bitmap images via HTML5 canvas element.
> Every computer renders the images differently and this can use to define
> an hash/id to deanonimize users.

I believe this is addressed by the Tor Browser patches + Torbutton.

Did you actually check that two different Tails sessions return
identifying information?

If yes, then can you reproduce this in the TBB?

If yes again, then please report this to the Tor bug tracker, as
that's not something we'll work on by ourselves.

See also recent activity upstream on this front:

* https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/11949
* https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/12682