[Tails-testers] Please book some time, just in case.

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev, tails-testers, tails-l10n
Subject: [Tails-testers] Please book some time, just in case.
Hi,

assuming the company that says they have found important security
issues [0] in Tails is correct and does what they said they would do,
it may very well be that we need to get busy again, starting in a few
days, to fix these problems and get Tails 1.1.1 out of the door
earlier than planned.

[0] https://tails.boum.org/news/On_0days_exploits_and_disclosure/

So, you might want to book some time, starting next week,
to give a hand.

We may need developers to fix bugs (likely in a private repo to start
with), testers to test fixes, security people to evaluate the
tentative solutions, and quite possibly doc writers to write about the
problems and their potential impact so that users know what may have
been put at risk, and translators to do their usual awesome job.

And of course, any other contribution [1] will allow the people
working directly on these potential emergencies to focus better.

[1] https://tails.boum.org/contribute/

Still, keep in mind I may be overreacting. We still known nothing *for
sure* about these potential problems. It may be that they are no worse
than what usually waits a few weeks before being fixed by the next
Tails release. Possibly we can take it relatively easy, and not lose
track of other priorities.

We'll know more in a few days, hopefully.

Take care,
cheers!