Re: [Tails-l10n] Call for translations: Tails 1.1 release no…

Author: drebs
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Call for translations: Tails 1.1 release notes and security announce
intrigeri codificou 0.5K bytes:
> (Note: I'm implicitly relying on the fact that you have a functionning
> review process on the pt-BR team. If that's not the case {yet,anymore},
> please let us know :)

Despite the fact that there's quite a few people on the pt-br list, our review
process is somewhat broken.

What is currently happening is I send a message to the list requesting a
review, wait for a few days (at least 3 or 4 days) and if noone answers (which
happens often) then I do a review myself and send the pull request to the
tails-l10n list.

There were many efforts to try to organize the pt-br translation and review
process, as the creation of a welcome message with links to documentation and
ways to contribute with translation which is sent every time someone joins the
list, and also a proposed priority list that takes into account
core/importante documents, language standardization needs, a glossary, and
more.

Despite those efforts, in my understanding the team has not yet gained
momentum to work as a team. I think it is because of the difficulty to use git
(either to create commits or to just download files from the website) versus
the time people want to or can spend on learning how to help. I currently
don't know how to proceed to make that happen. If you have any ideas they are
very welcome.

There are some people using transifex, but I do not have an idea on how
transifex is or might be used together with git and a review process. If
there's some doc on that it would be very nice.

thanks!
drebs.