Re: [Tails-dev] user-agent analysis and suggestions: hooray!

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] user-agent analysis and suggestions: hooray!
Hi,

Jacob Appelbaum wrote (25 Jun 2014 14:39:19 GMT) :
> On the subject of generic and easy to maintain fixes, we may also want
> to investigate using Privoxy:

Actually, there's ongoing work to simply *remove* polipo:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5379

... and it seems like we're almost there :)

I quite like the idea of reducing the attack surface and memory bloat
caused by running a HTTP proxy. Not sure if the problems described on
this thread are worth introducing another one.