Re: [Tails-dev] [review and merge] filename problem

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review and merge] filename problem
Hi,

> I Am on Windows 7 64-bits and I would like to contribute to #7506 and #7508 but
> I have this error too when cloning the repo.
> Creating a virtual machine is a solution, but it would be better if Windows
> contributors could clone the repo.

OK, that's a usecase I'd like us to support.

We have *many* files in Git that have colons in their name, so
updating all that (and the blueprint fields in Redmine, and adding
RewriteRule's) is quite some work. Any taker?

(@Patrick: I suggest going the VM way unless someone
volunteers shortly.)

Note that there are more forbidden chars, see "Allowed characters in
filenames" on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS.

Cheers!