Re: [Tails-dev] patch submission feature #7512

Author: intrigeri
To: emma peel, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] patch submission feature #7512
Hi,

[No need to Cc me, I read the list. If the same applies to you,
please tell us.]

emma peel wrote (13 Jul 2014 14:24:25 GMT) :
> I know I said I wanted to help on translating, but I could not help to
> make a little patch

:)

> I did a new branch and commited to it a .gnupg/gpg.conf that is
> working on my stable tails, with the name of the feature #7512
> reported by intrigeri:
> https://git-tails.immerda.ch/emmapeel/tails/commit/?h=feature/7512-Make-GnuPG-config-closer-to-duraconf

Thanks! This looks good at first glance, although I've not tested it
nor compared in details with the sample configuration from duraconf
yet. I'll let the release manager for Tails 1.2 (that is, anonym)
handle this.

In the future, please base such topic branches off the devel one,
instead of basing it on a branch of yours that has tons of unmerged
stuff: in the current state of things, the only way we have to take
this work is to cherry-pick the relevant commit, which will be
problematic if you have to add other commits on top.

If you're in the mood, you can use `git rebase' to fix this :)

Also, I would find it good to be even closer to duraconf's gpg.conf:
e.g.

* we could plausibly take the "algorithm and ciphers" section as-is
* the no-honor-keyserver-url keyserver-options could be split out

Ideally, a diff of our gpg.conf and duraconf's would only show a few
added/changed lines, for easier auditing and maintenance. What do
you think?