[Freepto] FreePTO is really great, thanks a lot + 1 small th…

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: tacovdveen\[yahoo\]
To: freepto@autistici.org
Betreff: [Freepto] FreePTO is really great, thanks a lot + 1 small thing about TOR (not FreePTO's fault though)
Hello freepto,

First of all, freepto is really great. Easy to install on HardDisk, external+internal + usbstick.
Second, all things just work out of the box, and work well
Previously I also used skype and teamviewer, but not anymore, so it has all I ever need
For sure my number 1 Linux(being portable, and complete and just working).

1 thing I like to bring to your attention.
It's nice that you also have TOR.

I think it would be nice to have the option not to have to download it everytime (daily), but be able to store it on another usbstick(surviving reboot), and only now and then download when new version is available. Although the process is quite quick. Just saving bandwidth, but nowadays who care about that.

1 other thing regarding TOR. I always had the impression TOR was safe. For sure my IP is masked, that works fine.
But when doing a TEST with the link below, it showed that the TOR browser failed 90% while the other browser in FreePTO IceWeasel blocked all items in the test.

http://vpntest.spotflux.com/

I didn't expect TOR to be less good then IceWeasel. Maybe there is a logical explanation, like TOR only masks IP-address, but it will cost you on security or something like that.

I don't know so much about security.
Just found it strange, and thought it's good to mention
But above all I want to tell you FreePTO just works great, I tried like 50 different Linuxes, but only LinuxMint,Porteus,FreePTO came out best, because they have all software I use, and it just works. And menu's are simple, just 1 click. Many Distro's use menu's with even 4 submenu's.

So if you keep FreePTO like it is now, I finally can stop searching for a Linux that finally is a match to my windows XP that works flawless for 14years now. But I really like FreePTO portability, and of course the Linux-vision as opposed to the windows-vision.

Again, thanks a lot
For me you are the number 1 Distro (out of testing like 50 I think)
Regards Taco (holland)