Re: [Tails-dev] Integrate GoldBug - Secure Instant Messenger…

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Matsa
To: tails-dev
CC: darkd0
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] Integrate GoldBug - Secure Instant Messenger. Secure P2P Instant Messaging

Hi darkd0,

darkd0@??? :

> Hi Tails Dev team please integrate GoldBug - Secure Instant
> Messenger.

For this to happen, the first step is to have it available in
Debian sid [1], then Debian testing, and then in wheezy-backports.

Once this is done, Tails users may choose to add it to their
"addional software packages" [2] persistence configuration, use it,
and report back about how it works in the context of Tails.

intrigeri <intrigeri@???> :

> Hi,
>
> darkd0@??? wrote (08 Jul 2014 12:43:39 GMT) :
> > Hi Tails Dev team please integrate Bitmessage program in Tails .
>
> [..]
> Still, note that we try very hard not to have duplicate programs
> achieving similar functionality in Tails. The field Bitmessage is
> playing in seems to be quite crowded these days, with numerous similar
> projects (Pond, MailPile, onionmail, LEAP, you name it), and it's
> unclear to me which one will get enough momentum, which one will still
> be around in 2-5 years, and which one(s) will be the "winner(s)". So,
> personally, I'm happy to make it easier for Tails users to try
> Bitmessage (and others) as a first step, but I don't feel like we are
> in a position to pick one of these projects *right now*.
>
> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/731975
> [2]
> https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/persistence/configure/#index13h2

Cheers