Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] bugfix/7443-persistent-…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] bugfix/7443-persistent-files-permission
01/07/14 14:56, intrigeri wrote:
> anonym wrote (30 Jun 2014 18:31:17 GMT) :
>> However, when I set --old-iso to 1.1~beta1 I get problems in Scenario:
>> Upgrading an old Tails USB installation from a Tails DVD:
>
> Persistence created with 1.1~beta1 has wrong ownership (#7343).
> We've not added any code to cope with it, and I personally won't put
> any time in it.
>
> I suspect this may be the root cause of the problem you've seen.

Yes, I had figured out as much, that the lack of bugfix/7343-static-uids
in 1.1~beta1 was the culprit. Sorry for not writing it back and wasting
your time. :S

I'm currently running usb_install.feature with current testing as
--old-iso, which should test the permission fixes from commit 97961bf in
an appropriate manner. I'll report back on that.

BTW, a consequence of this issue is that upgrading 1.1~beta1 --> 1.1~rc1
will break persistence due to the incorrect ownership of the persistence
mountpoint. I'll add that to the known issues in the Call for testing.

Cheers!