Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] bugfix/7443-persistent-…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] bugfix/7443-persistent-files-permission
30/06/14 13:16, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> intrigeri wrote (30 Jun 2014 09:44:50 GMT) :
>> I'm on it. The added tests had problems, fixing them.
>
> Now ready for QA => assigned to anonym.

I ran most of the test suite, including usb_install.feature, without any
(unexpected) failures when --iso and --old-iso both were the image built
from the feature branch.

However, when I set --old-iso to 1.1~beta1 I get problems in Scenario:
Upgrading an old Tails USB installation from a Tails DVD:

    And I enable read-only persistence with password "asdf"
              # features/step_definitions/usb.rb:303

    And I log in to a new session
              # features/step_definitions/common_steps.rb:174

    Then Tails seems to have booted normally
              # features/step_definitions/common_steps.rb:216
      FindFailed: can not find GnomeApplicationsMenu.png on the screen.

Looking at the screenshot, the Greeter has frozen with the login button
pressed. I hooked into the remote shell and saw this in
/var/log/live-persist:

    + warning ''\''/live/persistence/TailsData_unlocked'\'' has
incorrect ACL'

Still, it doesn't explain why the Greeter freezes. Also, I did a quick
manual test of the exact same scenario, and then it seemed to work. I
must admit I did it *really* quick and may have made a mistake along the
way, e.g. picking the wrong ISO. Any way, I won't have time to look at
this any further to night, but I hope we can get this resolved before I
start building 1.1~rc1 tomorrow. I will at least have a fresh look
tomorrow morning, but any help in debugging this would be appreciated!

Cheers!