Re: [Tails-dev] Bug triage

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Bug triage
Hi,

BitingBird wrote (20 Jun 2014 14:27:33 GMT) :
> I suggest to create a category "Icedove" - as there is a "return to
> Icedove" bunch of tickets, and it will further be in use, implying
> dedicated bugs -,

On the one hand, all Icedove-related tickets are now subtasks of
a single ticket, so they're already pretty easy to find. OTOH, at some
point we'll want to split apart those that are really blocking the
migration to Icedove, from the ones that are Icedove-related, but can
wait. So, perhaps it does make sense to create this category now.
anonym, thoughts?

In any case, I would rather call this category "Email Client", to make
it able to handle e.g. everything related to migrating away from Claws
(there might be stuff to do on the Claws side of things, when
migrating to Icedove).

> and an "Instant messaging" category, to track
> pidgin-related bugs. Any opinions on that?

I agree this would be useful.