[Tails-dev] Tails 1.1 status and priorities

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Tails 1.1 status and priorities
Hi,

this mail is primarily intended to facilitate anonym's upcoming
review'n'merge session, *but* it goes in more depth into what's left
to do on the Tails 1.1 plate. Help is warmly welcome!

Ready for review'n'merge
========================

* #7338 -- NetworkManager persistence setting is not migrated
--> see dedicated thread

Almost ready for review'n'merge
===============================

* #7345 -- Tails 1.1~beta1 created by upgrade from ISO from a 1.0 USB
does not boot --> IMO, it only needs a few more tests, a bit of
review and then a merge, see dedicated thread; also bundles the fix
for #7410.

Needs more work, assigned
=========================

* #7321 -- There should be a home launcher in camouflage mode
--> Alan, you're aware of it, right?

* #7378 -- Universal USB Installer creates unbootable devices
[intrigeri by default, as that's part of the fallout of the UEFI
support, but I *definitely* will need help, at least from someone
who has access to a Windows machine; I wouldn't mind not taking care
of this ticket at all, actually. Any taker?]

* a ton of documentation tickets [sajolida]
--> the only deadline is "being nice with translators"

* UEFI documentation [intrigeri] --> the only deadline is "being nice
with translators". I'll tackle it ASAP, and in time for 1.1, but
*after* the blocking coding tasks have been dealt with.

* #7349 -- Package window-picker-applet [u.] --> not a blocker

Needs more hands, or may be given up for 1.1

* #7135 -- Write a press release for Tails 1.1
--> volunteers?

* #7249 -- Truncated notifications
--> know anyone with C/GLib/GTK skills who might want to help?

Misc.
=====

* #7323 -- Wheezy's GNOME crashes randomly after Greeter login
--> close as unreproducible?