[Tails-testers] Please test monkeyscan in the experimental b…

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list, tails-testers
Alte Treads: Re: [Tails-dev] monkeyscan not working in 1.0~rc1
Neue Treads: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2] #6515, feature/monkeysign [Was: Please test monkeyscan in the experimental branch]
Betreff: [Tails-testers] Please test monkeyscan in the experimental branch [Was: monkeyscan not working in 1.0~rc1]
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (29 Apr 2014 06:45:50 GMT) :
> Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote (28 Apr 2014 21:50:54 GMT) :
>> in tails 1.0~rc1, i see that you've got the monkeysign package
>> installed, but no python-zbar or python-zbargtk.

>> This means that monkeyscan (the tool that uses the webcam to scan
>> barcodes) doesn't work properly. launching it from the terminal shows:

> This is known as https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6515.

> It's currently blocked, as indicated in comment #2 there, since I was
> not able to successfully test monkeyscan in Tails, even with these
> dependencies installed. It would be very useful if someone could
> confirm that monkeyscan works fine, at least on some other hardware
> than mine, in current Tails with python-zbar{,gtk} installed.

Could anyone with access to a computer with a camera device please:

  1. Download a nightly build from the experimental branch:
     http://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_experimental/
  2. Test monkeyscan's QR code scanning
  3. If #2 fails, check whether the camera is supported by Cheese.
  4. Report back on the ticket (#6515) or to these mailing-lists.
     If #2 failed, it would be helpful to include detailed information
     about the camera hardware.

Thanks in advance!