Re: [Tails-dev] Installation documentation addition

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Installation documentation addition
뵤╠ℚปᗩ ℭѺษℛಕȵ╣≤(ᴽᵜƪ)≥:
> Hi, I'm not sure if this has been considered before or if there's a
> reason it's not included, but I thought that maybe the installation
> instructions could include using a virtual machine as one of the
> options for installing Tails to a USB stick or SD card (after first
> installing to the VM). It might be complicated for some people, but
> I'm sure a pretty good amount of people would be able to complete the
> task on their own easily. I'm not sure if that's a security risk
> possibility or if it would even be a good option, but if it is an
> option, it could possibly be relevant to include it. :)

A problem I see here is that virtualization software are different
across platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac) and have different support of USB
sticks.

For example VirtualBox is cross-platform but the free software version
doesn't allow to use USB sticks. Libvirt allows you to install and use a
USB stick but is only available in Linux. I don't know about the others...

That said, I wouldn't be against including instructions for Libvirt on
Linux if someone volunteered to write and maintain them. Do you want to
give it a try?

--
sajolida