Re: [Tails-dev] Search engine suggestion

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: intrigeri
To: Simon Kuang
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] Search engine suggestion
Hi,

[You're sending encrypted email to a public mailing-list that has no
public key. Hence, I'm then refraining from quoting you publically,
but surely you want to fix your email/OpenPGP setup to write cleartext
email to tails-dev@??? instead.]

On the Tor ticket I've linked to, one can see that the decision to
pick Startpage vs. DDG was based on better quality search results.

There's a (vaguely) ongoing discussion about changing the default
search engine: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/9117.
That seems to be the right place to argue about what the default
search engine should be.