Re: [Tails-l10n] Tails pages and announcements in spanish

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Tails pages and announcements in spanish
Hi Cristian,

Cristian Salamea wrote (11 Jun 2014 07:05:59 GMT) :
> Hi to all !, i am new here so i am using tails by several months and i was checking
> the site and there is no spanish translations for site and info related. My native
> lang is spanish so i can help to translate, i have experience managing l10n projects.

> Why my interest ? so i consider many people spanish-speaking can know more about tails and use it.

Great news, welcome aboard :)

There used to be a Castellano translation of the website, but it was
unmaintained, and quickly bit rotted, so we disabled it. I've seen
a few people on this list in the last year or so, who expressed
interest in building a translation team for this language.

Please talk to each other, get organized, and then you can revert the
Git commit that removed *.es.po, refresh PO files with `./build-wiki',
get the basics right, and here come the pull requests!

The guidelines and requirements for translating the Tails website can
be found on https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate/#index3h1.