Re: [Freepto] [Tails-dev] Sharing wiperam package between Fr…

Author: ono-sendai
To: Everything about freepto
Subject: Re: [Freepto] [Tails-dev] Sharing wiperam package between Freepto and Tails?

>>> it's all a bit "raw", but some "tar + ar" will do its job. I don't
>>> know why ono-sendai did it that way, but it's not difficult to change.

Yes it's really raw :).

This "approach" was the first quick working thing i have found during my work
on a installable "freepto-like" distribution I have made one year ago [0] and
from wich we could (maybe during the hackmeeting) valutate some "utility"
(like self destruction, installer with a pseudo two factor auth and other
stuff). Sorry about this approach, i was in a rush!

Actually to build a working debian package,maybe to start testing wiperam,
it's enough to run this [1] really dirty script.

> ono-sendai wrote it, but I don't know if he has time/intention to refine
> it. ono-sendai, PING!

PONG!
Actually I have very little spare time and I never finished to read the Debian
Policy or the Best Packaging Practices, so if building a real package for
wiperam is a low priority task for us (to be done earlier than two/three
weeks) I could try to learn what is needed and do it, otherwise it could be
better to assign it to a more skilled person :) .

>> It would be interesting to see if we can bring this package to the point
>> where it's ready for Debian (or at least, almost ready, and then we'll
>> know what the blockers exactly are).

In the current state this package doesn't work on a not-live system beacause
some stuff (like the part regarding the initramfs) is done during the
freepto's building process. For example on a not-live system it's necessary to
rebuild the initrd to include the hooks and the script from
data/usr/share/initramfs-tools/. So if we want to make a package ready for
Debian (and I think it's a really good thing) we should redesign the package
to be more generic.

> hugs

:)

[0] flow.ciotoni.net/data/RolliePollie.pdf
[1] https://github.com/sendai-ono/wiperamFreepto/blob/master/package/dodirty.sh