Re: [Tails-l10n] Release schedule for Tails 1.0.1 and 1.1

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Betreff: Re: [Tails-l10n] Release schedule for Tails 1.0.1 and 1.1
Hi,

[adding anonym to Cc, as I'm not sure if he reads -l10n@ regularly.]

Matsa wrote (03 Jun 2014 11:53:35 GMT) :
> for example, if we focus on Tails 1.0.1 release process,

I suggest focussing on 1.1 instead: there's *tons* of changes and new
stuff in the documentation (testing branch), that I guess you'll want
to catch up with ASAP. Note that 1.0.1 is basically 1.0 + the last
batch of security updates, so not much to do for translators there.

> is there room to improve our translations during the testing session
> of the 1.0.1 ISO, the 2014-06-09?

For stuff that is already compiled into the ISO: no, after the ISO was
built, and is being tested, it's too late. For the website: yes, sure.

> It would make things really easier if we could check if our
> translations are correctly applied with a freshly built ISO, especially
> for Tails custom programs, like IUK and the greeter.

That's one of the reasons why we publish beta and release candidates :)

> As I'm not familiar with the release process, could anyone clarify when
> the translations are pulled from the different repositories?

In a nutshell, for the website:

  * translation for new/changed stuff for the next major release is
    done directly in the devel branch, which is merged into the
    testing branch at freeze/RC time
  * translation for things that we want to see live, and are not
    blocked by the next release, happen in master
  * the master branch is merged into the devel branch somewhat
    regularly (at least, I do it) and at the very least when preparing
    an ISO to be published

And for the other things (such as custom .deb's and po/*.po), we have
no real master/devel/etc. separation, so we import translations into
the respective master branches when we're asked to (for Git-using
teams), and from Transifex when we build a new .deb (that is, at
least when we build an ISO to be published).

Does that answer your question? If not, please be more specific :)

> A last thing, for the release of Tails 0.23, you sent us an email
> including damn' usefull informations[1].
> How can we get such a "diffstat"?

I'll let anonym answer this one.