Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] #6559, #7062, #6275: te…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] #6559, #7062, #6275: test/6559-adapt-test-suite-for-Wheezy
hi,

anonym wrote (27 May 2014 15:06:03 GMT) :
> [...]
> I've brought these checks back in commits bd095dd and 7b6d3d6. You
> really nailed it this time. :) Running the test suite now uncovered that
> the start and stop notifications aren't shown for the Unsafe Web
> Browser. Apparently running `notify-send` as root (as the script does)
> shows nothing in Wheezy, so I switched to `tails-notify-user`. Hopefully
> you don't mind that I fixed this in this branch and not a dedicated one.

:)

> Any way, I'm worried that Wheezy's default notification timeout of 5
> seconds (which BTW is not a bug [1]) may end up causing us problems
> since Sikuli certainly may need more than that to find the image, in
> particular on slow hardware. We'll see.

That bug tells me it's not considered to be a bug in GNOME Shell,
but the implication that it's not a bug in Fallback mode isn't obvious
to me. Anyway, we'll see :)

> cryptsetup changed [1] what it does when you try to luksOpen an already
> unlocked device in version 1.2. [...]

Thanks for the explanation.

I've reviewed the branch, read your other email in this thread, and
everything seems alright to me. I have assigned the tickets back to
me, added a tiny improvement (ed7908), and merged into experimental.

I'm now going to run the test suite, and will report back later today.