[Tails-dev] The future of GNOME Fallback in Tails [Was: [rev…

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Alte Treads: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] bugfix/7248-bg-color-vs-display-settings-change
Betreff: [Tails-dev] The future of GNOME Fallback in Tails [Was: [review'n'merge:1.1] bugfix/7248-bg-color-vs-display-settings-change]
Hi,

anonym wrote (26 May 2014 23:56:01 GMT) :
> It's sad to see that Wheezy's GNOME fallback mode is in this shitty
> state.

I feel the same... but we can only blame ourselves for our "eyes shut,
fingers crossed" position. (Yes, I'm exagerating :)

The way I see it: apparently, most people who really want it
(including ourselves) are hoping that things will magically get
better, and that $someone will take over maintenance of this stack.
I don't see this happening, so no surprise it is bitroting.

> Looks like we have some interesting years ahead of us! :S

The good news is that GNOME Classic (shell plugin) is getting very
good in GNOME 3.8+. I've filed #7311 ("Investigate using GNOME Classic
for Jessie") that I'd like to tackle early enough *before* the Jessie
freeze. Help is welcome.