Re: [Tails-dev] 1.1 merge review

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] 1.1 merge review
26/05/14 13:30, intrigeri wrote:
> Alan wrote (12 Apr 2014 10:47:24 GMT) :
>>> Created https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7013 for it,
>>> with hopefully all the needed information.
>>>
>> Anonym, please assign me a subtask of this if you want and notify me by
>> personal email.
>
> anonym, alan: how's the review going?

I completed the review a bit more than week ago => closed now. I'm not
sure why I didn't close the ticket earlier, but luckily I remember the
only, tiny issue I found (see below). Sorry about this!

I must say it was great work! While I did find a couple of mistakes and
questionable changes (like setting `LIVE_USER_FULLNAME`) a long the way
they were all fixed or reverted later on. In the end I had nothing to
remark about except that...

> Given our timing, you'll easily guess that it's already a bit too late
> to request non-trivial changes to the work I've done in feature/wheezy
> since 2011. But still, major issues you'll identify could perhaps be
> fixed between the RC and 1.1 final, and less important ones could at
> least be tracked with tickets.

... we still install python2.6{,-minimal}, despite commits 73a69c5 and
cc11109. Indeed, it happened in the merge conflict resolution in merge
30e8c3c. Unfortunately I don't think I did my review with `-c` or `--cc`
(for `git log`) to catch potential errors in there, but, well, that
would still be extremely hard, since one doesn't have the context from
the actual commits and their hopefully helpful commit messages.

Any way, I guess not removing python2.6 any more is a mistake?

Cheers!