Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] bugfix/looser-memory-r…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: [Tails-dev] Forcing a full upgrade to 1.1: consequences [Was: bugfix/looser-memory-requirements-for-upgrades-check (#7235)]
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] bugfix/looser-memory-requirements-for-upgrades-check (#7235)
14/05/14 00:35, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please review'n'merge
> bugfix/looser-memory-requirements-for-upgrades-check into devel,
> for Tails 1.1. As explained on the ticket, this allows us to avoid
> bumping the hardware requirements, and to avoid having to implement
> #5502 right now.

Tested in a 1 GB VM, and the upgrades were checked. Merged!

>     [...] My plan is to use the incremental
>     upgrade to 1.1~rc1 as a test bench to verify this, as I have no time to fully
>     test this fully right now (still, I successfully applied a small — 50 MiB —
>     IUK on top of a current build from this very branch, with 126 MiB of free
>     memory, and 700 MiB total free memory).

Not sure if it will matter, but I guess the 1.0_to_1.1{,~rc1} IUKs will
be huge due to the Wheezy upgrade...

Cheers!