[Tails-dev] Please review and merge bugfix/fix_virtualbox_d…

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: sajolida
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: The Tails public development discussion list
Vanhat otsikot: [Tails-dev] Help needed on #5972: Fix virtualbox guest modules build
Aihe: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge bugfix/fix_virtualbox_dkms_build [was: Help needed on #5972: Fix virtualbox guest modules build]
sajolida@???:
> I've been working on fixing the build of the VirtualBox guest modules in
> Tails 1.1.
>
> ticket: 5972
> branch: bugfix/fix_virtualbox_dkms_build

Actually, three tickets could be solved by this as well:

#5522: newer VirtualBox
#5509: fix VirtualBox modules build for 486
#5779: wheezy: get config-chroot local-hooks-50-virtualbox back

> - Good news: The build is fixed, way less hackish, and that was easy.
> - Bad news: The modules don't work :(
>
> When I say the modules don't work I mean that `VBoxClient --display`,
> and `VBoxClient --clipboard` don't activate the resizable display and
> shared clipboard. But the shared folders work. So that seems like a
> error with X11, not with the modules themselves.

In the end, that's related to the type of CPU declared on the guest.
With a guest declared as 64bit the display does not resize, with a guest
declared as 32bit it does. But don't ask me why!

I'm not sure this can be improved upon...

The clipboard works as authorized by the host.

\o/

So please, dear release manager, have a look.

--
sajolida