Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge whisperback:bugfix/f…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge whisperback:bugfix/filter_more_serial_nos
07/03/14 16:20, Alan wrote:
> Hi,

>>> This was kind of intended, as it is far from complete and the
>>> refactoring it is supposed to test didn't happen yet (see:
>>> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6799)

>>> No, and it's kind of intended:
>>> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6799. Do you prefer I comment
>>> that test now?
>>
>> IMO the test suite should match the current state of the code, and not
>> be expected to fail, else it's basically useless. Most testing
>> frameworks I know have a feature to mark a given set of tests as
>> "TODO, expected to fail" (either called "TODO" or "SKIP", depending on
>> the framework).
>>
>> Please either make use of this feature, or comment out the buggy test.
>>
> This feature was added in python 2.7 which is not in Tails, so I was
> too lazy to use it. I added some compatibility code and use it now.

>>> Sorry I didn't had time before to comment. Sorry to to have precized
>>> all that.
>>
>>> I was willing to merge this so that at least most known leaks would
>>> be solved for 1.0. Do you think it's still possible?
>>
>> I'm not be particularly excited at the idea of merging this after the
>> freeze, while we have had 3 months (since the last major release) to
>> make it ready (minus the time when the problem was reported, but that
>> was a while ago anyway). IMO this change is not particularly urgent,
>> and does not deserve a freeze exception.
>>
>> But this is not my call, so maybe you'll want to 1. fix the remaining
>> problems ASAP; 2. talk to the current RM.
>>
> So I think the problems you raised are solved now. I'll let the release
> manager for 1.0 decide if it should go in this release or be postponed
> for 1.1.

Relying mostly on intrigeri's code review (except the last few commits),
I've now reviewed, tested and merged this. A new package has been
uploaded to devel and experimental.

I'm closing (well, "Fix committed") these tickets *only*:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6797
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6798
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6804
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6806

Please let me know if there's something I forgot or misunderstood.

Cheers!