Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] feature/uefi (#5739)

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] feature/uefi (#5739)
anonym wrote (13 May 2014 12:42:35 GMT) :
>>>    and --git-no-pristine-tar doesn't help (and
>>>    ../liveusb-creator_3.11.6.orig.tar.gz exists)

>> FTR, we don't use pristine-tar for this package.

> I just did what the building instructions said one should do when
> there's an issue with upstrea/* tags.

Well, not exactly. It reads "manually download the corresponding
tarball", which you apparently had not, since you were missing
liveusb-creator_3.11.6+tails1.orig.tar.gz.

> The tag fixed that step, and to make the upload work I had to manually
> add liveusb-creator_3.11.6+tails1-1.orig.tar.gz to the changes file.

                                   ^^
Really -1.orig.tar.gz? I'm surprised, as first, that's not the right
version number for the "upstream release". And second, the correct
upstream tarball was already in our APT repo (I assume). Anyway.
the current state of the APT repo looks right :)

> Now the merge is complete! However, now devel doesn't build:

>     The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>      liveusb-creator : Depends: python (< 2.7) but 2.7.3-4+deb7u1 is to
> be installed

I suspect you've built in a Squeeze chroot, and dh_python* has picked
Squeeze's Python version for the dependencies. I have updated all
release_process/* pages somewhere (master or devel, I don't remember).