Re: [Tails-testers] Tails contributors meeting: Thursday May…

Author: Quiliro Ordóñez Baca
To: tails-testers
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Tails contributors meeting: Thursday May 8

El 06/05/14 05:05, sajolida@??? escribió:
> Sorry for the short notice, but the next public Tails contributors
> meeting is scheduled for
>
> Thursday May 8, on #tails-dev (OFTC) 8pm UTC (10pm CEST)
>
> Every one interested in contributing to Tails is welcome.
>
> Feel free to propose and prepare discussion topics. Please raise them in
> this thread so that others can ask details and prepare the discussion too.
>
> If you want to get involved but don't know how yet, please consider
> coming and say hello during the meeting: this work meeting probably
> won't be the most adequate time and place to properly introduce
> newcomers to the development process, but at least it should be a fine
> place to tell us you're interested, and possibly to schedule a better
> suited event.

Thank you for making it earlier. 19h00 UTC is 00h00 here. That is a
much better time for me.

On another topic, I would like to raise awareness that installing
non-free firmware or other non-free elements is a high security risk.
Does TAILS distribute such software or provide it in its repos? If it
doesn't, the only other thing needed for the FSF to promote TAILS' use
would be to remove the suggestions to install or use non-free software.
Considering the advocacy for TAILS use that FSF could help with and the
security considerations for users that install non-free elements, would
becoming an advocated distro
http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html be
of interest to TAILS?

--