[Hackmeeting] Reset the Net

Author: Cyber*Resistance
To: hackmeeting
Subject: [Hackmeeting] Reset the Net
Ciao a tutti, esiste sta iniziativa che voleva "festeggiare" il
capodanno dell'anno 1 PSE (Post Snowden Era):

http://resetthenet.tumblr.com/
https://www.resetthenet.org/

E' principalmente una campagna di sensibilizzazione, comunicazione. fa
parte di https://www.fightforthefuture.org/ che, ad eccezione forse di
"Free Bieber" sono più o meno allineate con i temi di libertà online ;)
(cabina di regia non ben identificata, naturalmente)

=====

Hey there,

Today is May 5, exactly one month before we Reset the Net!

But unfortunately, today we have bad news as well as good news. Just
this morning we heard reports that the USA Freedom Act (a bill that was
intended to limit NSA bulk spying) is moving forward in Congress. That
should be a cause to celebrate -- but bureaucrats are abusing the
political process to undermine and water down the bill leaving our
rights in the balance.[1]

Experts are still analyzing the text, but one thing is clear: Congress
doesn't get it.

They think that they can appease us with pathetic reforms that won’t
keep us safe. The USA Freedom Act was already just a first step toward
the kind of privacy protections we need, and this latest version is even
weaker in some areas (while making some small improvements in other
areas). [2]

Here’s the good news: the movement for REAL online privacy is spreading
like wildfire. Today we officially launched Reset the Net with more than
30 supporters including some of the biggest sites on the web: reddit,
imgur, BoingBoing, Namecheap, DuckDuckGo, Thunderclap, Free Software
Foundation, Private Internet Access, Disconnect.Me, and tons more.

This latest news from DC is not surprising, but it underscores the
desperate need to get as many people, websites, and apps protected from
dragnet spying as possible right now. We need you to help get 10 more
people or groups to join. Will you forward this to your friends and
share?

[1] The Hill. “House Judiciary to consider compromise NSA reform bill”.
http://thehill.com/policy/technology/205255-overnight-tech-house-judiciary-to-consider-compromise-nsa-refo
rm-bill

[2] Electronic Frontier Foundation. "EFF Statement on Rep
Sensenbrenner's USA FREEDOM Act Amendment".
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/05/eff-statement-rep-sensenbrenners-usa-freedom-act-amendment

--
Dipartimento di Resistenza Cibernetica,
UniPop - http://www.cantiere.org/sms