[Tails-dev] Fix ISO verification using checksum

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: sajolida
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: The Tails public development discussion list
Aihe: [Tails-dev] Fix ISO verification using checksum
Here is another bug that would be quite important to fix on the website.
The instructions that we propose to verify the ISO image on Windows and
OS X have been basically broken for months:

https://tails.boum.org/doc/get/verify_the_iso_image_using_other_operating_systems/#index1h3

I gave up on hoping that MD5 Reborned Hasher would get fixed. So we need
to find an alternative. I proposed to test DownThemAll, that ticket
#6664. But this seems a bit overkill.

Sometime ago, Griffin Boyce wrote us saying he had written some checksum
code for Chrome. We might try to find people to adapt this code as a
Firefox plugin, or to rewrite our instructions based on Chrome:

https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2014-March/005270.html

So actually, this task is more about testing and playing around than
writing documentation.

--
sajolida