[mat-dev] Filename issue in released tarball on OSX

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Baptiste Fontaine
To: mat-dev
Betreff: [mat-dev] Filename issue in released tarball on OSX
Hello,

I downloaded the latest tarball (0.5.2), and got an error while unarchiving it because they are two files with the same name but a different case:

mat-0.5.2/MAT/
mat-0.5.2/mat

This is because by default on OSX (and I think on Windows too) filenames are case-insensitive, so you can’t have both a ‘MAT’ file and a ‘mat’ one. I temporarily solved this issue by using tar’s -s option which allows one to rename a file while unarchiving. I rename `MAT` into `_MAT`, then rename `mat` into `mat-cli`, rename back `_MAT` into `MAT` (I somehow wasn’t able to rename `mat` into `mat-cli` while unarchiving), then install it using `./setup.py`, then rename back `bin/mat-cli` into `bin/mat`.

For the context, I wrote a formula for Homebrew, a package manager for OSX, that would allow anyone to install MAT with `brew install mat`. You can find the pull request here:

https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/pull/28871/files

Thank you for your time,

--
Baptiste Fontaine