Re: [Tails-dev] monkeyscan not working in 1.0~rc1

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: [Tails-testers] Please test monkeyscan in the experimental branch [Was: monkeyscan not working in 1.0~rc1]
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] monkeyscan not working in 1.0~rc1
Hi Daniel,

Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote (28 Apr 2014 21:50:54 GMT) :
> in tails 1.0~rc1, i see that you've got the monkeysign package
> installed, but no python-zbar or python-zbargtk.

> This means that monkeyscan (the tool that uses the webcam to scan
> barcodes) doesn't work properly. launching it from the terminal shows:

This is known as https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6515.

It's currently blocked, as indicated in comment #2 there, since I was
not able to successfully test monkeyscan in Tails, even with these
dependencies installed. It would be very useful if someone could
confirm that monkeyscan works fine, at least on some other hardware
than mine, in current Tails with python-zbar{,gtk} installed.