Re: [Tails-dev] Feedback wanted on planned implementation of…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Feedback wanted on planned implementation of Feature #5301 - Clone or Backup Persistent Volume
Matsa:
> Hi CustaiCo, hi all,
>
> I've been testing persistent backups with Grsync, and reported this on
> the blueprint.
>
> Would you like to have a look there?
>
> https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/backups/#index5h2

If I understand correctly, our idea so far was to write a dedicated
interface with minimal options that would make sense in the context of
Tails (and not all the other ones). And from a file system and features
point of view, your solution looks like the "loopback LUKS": you need to
have a dedicated partition somewhere to store the backups.

So I completed a bit the list of cons :)

--
sajolida