Re: [Tails-dev] Delay the Tails 1.0 release?

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Delay the Tails 1.0 release?
24/04/14 10:40, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> anonym wrote (23 Apr 2014 16:58:24 GMT) :
>> In other words, nothing serious. For an overview of other potential
>> fixes that may end up in the next 0.2.4 Tor release, see:
>> <https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=!closed&keywords=~024-backport>.
>> After a quick look, nothing stood out as important for Tails' use cases
>> but I've nevertheless asked the Tor devs for a confirmation. If I'm
>> correct, this backporting solution may be the best compromise for us.
>
> I agree: backporting *only* the patches Nick pointed you at seems to
> be, by far, the best solution.

Since time is short I take this as the only confirmation I need to
proceed with this. I'll try to have a .deb built today.

Nick also proposed [1] that the planned-for-the-next-0.2.4 fixes to
these bugs may also be of interest to us:

However, I do not want us to jeopardize the 1.0 release by complicating
this backporting effort any further at this late stage.

[1] https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2014-April/005564.html

Cheers!