[Tails-dev] About #5929 ("Create encrypted TailsData by defa…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] About #5929 ("Create encrypted TailsData by default")
Hi,

at last years summit, we've flagged #5929 ("Create encrypted TailsData
by default") for 1.0 as technically, it is needed for feature parity
with Incognito (that was using TrueCrypt), and that was our definition
of 1.0. We also made it clear that the lack of this feature would not
be a blocker.

We're now close to 1.0, and it's obvious this feature won't be
implemented, so we'll soon have to change its milestone field to be
able to close the 1.0 version in Redmine.

So, the question is: which milestone, if any, are we setting?

I expect we'll rework our roadmap at the summit in July, so this
discussion can be postponed, e.g. by simply emptying the milestone
field. I'm hereby proposing to just do that. Nobody has been seriously
working on this for a while, and I personally don't feel it's more
urgent than anything we've currently on the 1.1..3.0 roadmap.

Is someone strongly in favor of keeping this on our roadmap until
the summit?

anonym: unless there are objections by then, please implement my
proposal when you'll be closing the 1.0 version with your RM hat on.