Re: [Tails-l10n] (fr) [review] Updates and unfuzz

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (fr) [review] Updates and unfuzz
Matsa wrote (14 Apr 2014 16:26:13 GMT) :
> sajolida@??? a écrit :

>> I'm saying this because in
>> doc/encryption_and_privacy/gpgapplet/public-key_cryptography.fr.po,
>> line with "gpgapplet_with_seal.png" you removed the English from the
>> msgstr (that's good) but you didn't put any French. That's just
>> untranslated for the moment, which is perfectly fine as well :)

> Yes, indeed, I left it untranslated:

I'm not sure removing the English is the best thing to do. If you're
using a screen reader or something that does not display images,
I assume that having the English text is potentially more useful than
no text at all (and no image, of course).

Also, I'm not sure if marking strings partially translated as
translated is a good idea: who'll track the fact that it is not fully
translated and come back to it?

Just my 2cts :)