Re: [Tails-l10n] [Review](de) wiki translation for truecrypt

Author: flapflap
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [Review](de) wiki translation for truecrypt
Frithjof:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 1:40 PM, intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:
>> flapflap wrote (09 Apr 2014 22:57:31 GMT) :
>>> May I rebase that branch on top of a more recent (e.g. the current)
>>> master, before reviews?
>>> (or should it remain there, where it is?)
>>
>> Merging the current master into a branch that you want to see reviewed
>> is good, as it allows the reviewer to easily diff current
>> master..$BRANCH, and it moves the responsibility of taking care of any
>> merge conflict (if any) onto the shoulders of the person preparing the
>> branch, instead of the person who will actually merge it (and may not
>> speak the language of the conflicting PO files, so may not be
>> qualified to properly solve conflicts).
>>
>> Rebasing an already published branch is OK *only* if you're 100% sure
>> that nobody has started looking at this branch yet, or based any other
>> work on top of it. It's quite rare that all these conditions are met.
>>

> Do you want to merge the master flapflap?

I followed the advice and merged the current master (no conflicts).
> If you want to rebase will wait with commiting a review patch.

No, I'll leave it as it is.
For the next time, I won't send so many review requests in parallel,
only one after the other and then those being based on a more recent
master. Lesson learned.

The branch `truecrypt' now looks like this:
91a102d Merge branch 'master' into truecrypt
2938ee5 (de) wiki translation for truecrypt: language improvement
7f7c2f8 (de) wiki translation for truecrypt: poedit file header update
c91cdf0 (de) wiki translation for truecrypt

cheers,
~flapflap