Re: [Tails-l10n] [Review](de) wiki translation for truecrypt

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [Review](de) wiki translation for truecrypt
flapflap wrote (09 Apr 2014 22:57:31 GMT) :
> May I rebase that branch on top of a more recent (e.g. the current)
> master, before reviews?
> (or should it remain there, where it is?)

Merging the current master into a branch that you want to see reviewed
is good, as it allows the reviewer to easily diff current
master..$BRANCH, and it moves the responsibility of taking care of any
merge conflict (if any) onto the shoulders of the person preparing the
branch, instead of the person who will actually merge it (and may not
speak the language of the conflicting PO files, so may not be
qualified to properly solve conflicts).

Rebasing an already published branch is OK *only* if you're 100% sure
that nobody has started looking at this branch yet, or based any other
work on top of it. It's quite rare that all these conditions are met.