Re: [Freepto] heartbleed & us

Author: boyska
To: freepto
Subject: Re: [Freepto] heartbleed & us
On 09/04/2014 23:45, vinc3nt wrote:
> On 08/04/14 10:45, boyska wrote:
>> Some proposals we should choose on QUICKLY:
>> a) do nothing, but post an "advisor" on www.freepto.mx
>
> Yes, we should update our website.

ok, I will do it

> IMHO we should find also a quicker way for update our website.
> At moment the following process is not properly efficient :)
> {commit,pull request} on github -> rebuild with flask -> copy with webdav

I think maintaining the website is quite cool, reviewable and easy to use.
What if a new commit appearing on the git repository will trigger an
automatic rebuild-and-upload? I'll try to do it, in case.

>> b) create a new build of 0.1.2. Just rebuild the same tag, re-sign,
>> create torrent and all the stuff
>
> I'm rebuilding the last stable release from the tag "v0.1.2-STABLE" [1]
>
> It will be available in that URL:
> http://dev.freepto.mx/dev/avana/

How will we call it? v0.1.2-1 ? This version number are becoming silly :)

> And should be announced on our website

torrent should be prepared. Can you do that, too?

>> c) create a new build merging the most urgent (and tested) hotfix we
>> already have on git
>> ...feel free to add your own :)
>
> I do not think we should change the release due to this bug.
> rather we should work on the release v1.0 in order the close the still
> opened bugs.

ok

> But maybe we could remove some not urgent bug from the v1.0, and work on
> it during hackmeeting.

ok, so a _shorter_ 1.0. Fine.

--
boyska